New Discussion юеВ

EVA firmware

SOLVED
Go to solution
robert_388
Occasional Contributor

EVA firmware

Hi all,
was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to downgrade my hsv110 controllers from 400 to 311 i have one set that is already at 311 but i havent been able to find anything saying if i can use one of the v311 controllers to downgrade the v400. I know i can use the v400 controllers to update but need to know if it will work the other way around. I dont want to try it and have 2 sets of controllers that are the wrong version.
any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks
8 REPLIES 8
IBaltay
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: EVA firmware

Hi,
3110 is the latest active/passive
4100 is the lastes active/active
and
downgrading while retaining existing data from vcs 4.100 to any earlier version of 3.xxx is not supported. Downgrade is only possible to an unitialized storage system...

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01276879/c01276879.pdf
the pain is one part of the reality
robert_388
Occasional Contributor

I'm not concerned with losing any data. these are 2 eva systems im building so i just need them both at v3.1.1 and Im not sure how to downgrade the controllers from v4.0.0 I looked on HPs website but wasn't able to find any firmware downloads or anythign like that and i'm not sure if i can use the set of controllers I have that are at v3.1.1 to do it and if so Im not sure how to do it if it is possible
thanks
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

IBaltay
Honored Contributor

but if you have the EVA allready on the active/active firmware why do you want to downgrade it to the active/passive, which is less powerfull?
Perhaps it would be much better to upgrade both controllers to the 4.100 firmware version

here is the upgrade guide:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01278980/c01278980.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

VCS 4.100 download:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software9/COL21081/co-55464-1/T3588-10019.iso

the pain is one part of the reality
robert_388
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for the help on this the link for 3.110 worked perfect!!
I'm building these systems for someone and they requested this version specificly. It didnt make much sense to me either but whatever makes them happy i guess.
Thanks again
Rob
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Glad to help. Personally I'd still stick with VCS 3.110 on the EVA5000, unless you really must go to an Active/Active configuration...

Cheers,

Rob

P.S. Don't forget to assign points to all responses to your question.
robert_388
Occasional Contributor

I assigned 10 points if for some reason it didnt work please let me know and i'll try doing it again
thanks again
have a great day
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Try again, some of the points don't seem to have assigned....

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28