New Discussion юеВ

EVA operational state : Attention

SOLVED
Go to solution
Victor_101
Regular Advisor

EVA operational state : Attention

Hi Guys,
I have a shared SAN : EVA 3000 with 2 enclosures and 12 disks on each enclosure ( 2 free on each ) . Recently 1 hdd (72.6 GB) failed on enclosure 2 and i recently replaced with good one. the disk led looks normal now and via the management appliance (command view eva) and disk that we added (virtual disk 26) looks normal but the eva is stil in ATTENTION state (initialized) and the disk group operational state is again ATTENTION and leveling state IN PROGRESS and the progress is stuck between 28%-34%.
Someone please advise ASAP. If this thread is in the wrong section too pls advise and i will move it ( maybe under virtuall array or something )
I am attaching the Management log file ..for reference.
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: EVA operational state : Attention

I've caught one message from the log:
*Storage system is almost FULL. Disk group at or above maximum capacity warning level.

The EVA needs free disk space for leveling - do you have capacity left? Does it help if you lower the protection level?
Victor_101
Regular Advisor

Hi ,
there is no disk protection set..
Disk Failure Protection
Requested Level :None
Actual Level :None

Capacity :1639.23 GB
Occupancy:1531.7 GB
Alarm Level:99%

Even if it was when i had lost that failed disk that would have meant 1639.23 - 68.36=1570.87 meaning that my 99% threshold would be at 1555.1613 and my occupancy was always the same and not near the alarm. Hence i doubt this was the case. Maybe i have to set the disk failure protection??
Any other ideas?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

If you have VRAID-1 virtual disks, then all the data from the remaining member is copied to a new pair of disks. That's why protection level = single (or 1) means that the system will reserve _two_ times the capacity of the largest pysical disk drive in the disk group.