108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA - perfmon

SOLVED
Go to solution
mgtow
Occasional Advisor

inex - did you ever come up with a good way of figuring out how your EVA is performing?

vcespon- you stated that "If they are over those values, then it's time to watch the number of I/Os requested per second and divide it by the number or disks on the disk group."

Are for example taking "total read hits req/s + total read miss req /s + total write req /s" then taking the total divided by the number of disks? what would this tell you? IOPS currently being consumed by the DG?
inex
Super Advisor

As an HP partner we are now allowed to use HP's perfmonkey sw to analyze the output of EVAperf and that makes life a lot easier.. :-)
Will McGaffey

I have been attempting to use PerfMonkey and am unable to load any of my .CSV files in. I receive the .CSV files from Perfmon. I receive error "file format is invalid (Unknown headers)"

Any thoughts?
inex
Super Advisor

Hi,
I'm afraid that I have not have time to play around with this utility. I know that some of my colleagues has used it, so it should work.
I can ask what file format they use?

-inex
Will McGaffey

Hello,

Any help would be great! The application asks for .CSV files and I am atteempting to load the .CSV files from EVAperfmon so I am very confused as to why this is not working. I am not having any luck searching online.

Thanks!
inex
Super Advisor

What version of the EVAperf are you using?

Will McGaffey

We have CommandView EVA 9.2 installed which installs EVAperf with it.
inex
Super Advisor

I was by I colleague that he either imported csv files or zip files containing several csv files. He has never had any problems with that. But he also told me that the perfmonk tool did not work anymore, because of a timer in the program.
Sorry I could not be of any more help.
Will McGaffey

Thank you for even looking into it! I found out I was using the wrong .csv files so now I receive a different error.
"Failed to populate data table" but that may be because of the built in timer.
inex
Super Advisor

I was also told that the program would not even start because of this timer.