6309 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA snmp monitoring - which mib to use?

Lyndon Handy
Frequent Advisor

EVA snmp monitoring - which mib to use?

We have just implemented an EVA5000 and have some issues with snmp monitoring:
Specifically there is 1 mib for the EVA5000 HSV110 controller, and 2 for the Management Appliance (cpqsanapp.mib, cpqsanevent.mib, cpqhsv110v3.mib).

According to the mib, HSV110 information is under oid .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.136...
"snmpwalk" to the management appliance fails when trying to obtain *any* information below oid .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.136.. (.1.3.6.1.4.1.232.x works for just SMA info).

The question/issue: How do we actually snmpwalk/get to the EVA HSV110 status information via the SMA? We can only see the SMA status info not the EVA.

Lyndon
"tried and true instead of new and improved"
4 REPLIES 4
Wayne Green
Frequent Advisor

Re: EVA snmp monitoring - which mib to use?

Lyndon,

Did you get any where with this as we are trying to do the same with an EVA3000. Now have EVE loaded which can send snmp traps but I have to run an snmpget to pull the info from the SMA. like you I cannot see passed enterprise.compaq (1.232) to cpqElementManager (136)

Wayne
I'll have a beer, thanks
Tanapong Eamsoponkul
Occasional Advisor

You Need HSV110's mib (I attach file for you) , you need to install more mibb into management server

hope this help
Tanapong Eamsoponkul
Occasional Advisor

You Need HSV110's mib (I attach file for you) , you need to install more mib into management server

hope this help
Wayne Green
Frequent Advisor

So how do you install the mib(s) on the management server. Either HPUX11.0 or linux
I'll have a beer, thanks