108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA vraid performance

SOLVED
Go to solution
ben horan
Frequent Advisor

EVA vraid performance

Can anyone point me to documentation that covers EVA vraid performance (vraid1 vs. vraid5)? The only documentation I find talks about protection level rather than performance of vraids.
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA vraid performance

Hello Ben,

are you searching for benchmark results?? Have you read the best practise guide for the EVA?

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor

I think attached best practices will much help you.
Grant point if it address your need
HP is simple
ben horan
Frequent Advisor

That is helpful but all it really says is that "Vraid1 provides the best performance" and unfortunately does not provide evidence. Is there any benchmarks/figures for vraid1 vs vraid5 performance?
Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor

There is no exact number or percent for you as public document. Please contact with your local HP personnel, He will address this issue for you. I know some tool but it is used for internal only.
HP is simple
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello Ben,

performance depends on you configuration. More disks - more performance. I don't think that HP will provide you an exact percentage for performance between Vraid 1 and 5.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

vraid 1 and vraid5 on an EVA do have the same read performance.
An EVA8100 can achive up to 60000 backend read IOPS with <30ms response time.

max backend write performance of an EVA8100 for vraid1 is 26500 IOPS for vraid5 14000 IOPS.

To achive these values you need a fully configured array and IO distribution across all disks.

Cheers
Pete
I love storage