6629 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA3000 latest VCS

Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

EVA3000 latest VCS

Hello all,

I want to update my VCS. Where can I download it? I found latest VCS for HSV200 and HSV210 (EVA4K,6K,8K) on HP site (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software6/COL13230/co-36838-1/HSV200_v5031.zip). However I could not find HSV100's VCS online. Would you please direct me how I can download it? And How should I change the VCS?

Hasan
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Hasan:

From what I can remember, the lastest firmware for the HSV1xx controllers is NOT available online, or at least it wasn't. Anytime I needed it I had to contact HP Service. This could have changed with recent release's, but I think that the upgrade from 3.x to 4.x or even the latest 3.x requires HP Service to be involved, especially in a "production" EVA.

VCS used to be available, but after a bad bout with bad upgrades, HP pulled it and only allowed HP Service to take care of them since 1. they wanted to keep track of the upgrade and 2. they wanted to make sure things went properly because the upgrade could potentially cause problems (in some cases).

There could be other reasons as well, but those are the ones I was told.

VCS 3.x I believe is up to 3.031 (I could be off)

VCS 4.x is up to 4.001 (this upgrade introduces active/active controller functionality as well as other enhancements for the EVA 3k/5k)

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Call to HP. HP should upgrade your VCS if needed free of charge. Last week HP upgraded our eva5k vcs code, and went to 3.28. They did not wanted to install the 4 code yet (I agree with that).
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?