Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVA3000 to EVA6000 upgrade

Pavel Straslipka
Occasional Visitor

EVA3000 to EVA6000 upgrade

Hi,

I'm working as presales consultant on upgrade of an existing EVA3000 to EVA6000. I undestand that I need:
* new EVA controller kit
* new I/O @ EMU modules for disk enclosure M5314
* Fibre Channel loop switches
* new interconnect cables

But I cannot find the answer for "upgrading license" of SOM (unlimited and under service agreement). Do I need new unlimited CV for EVA6000 or is OK the current SOM?

I found the migration licence for Business Copy but nothing for SOM or CV :(

Any ideas?

Thanks fot the answers!
pst
I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.
3 REPLIES
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA3000 to EVA6000 upgrade

You should not need a new license. All new EVA's come with a Licence To Use for all the basic features. You only have to purchase BC and CA licenses.

You also want to get the latest Command View software and perhaps totally rebuild your SMA. I would rebuild with WIn2k3 and make it a standalone management server with CV6.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Pavel Straslipka
Occasional Visitor

Brand new EVA doen't come with any license - I'm creating the solution for upgrade of existing EVA3000 to EVA6000!

Of course if you need separate EVA (i.e. for redundancy with CA), I understand that is mandatory to buy CV & BC licenses. But that's not that case!

So, if I understand if I upgrade from EVA3000 to EVA6000, I can use current SOM licences ? Am I right?
I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

From looking at the CV-EVA specifications I'd say that you do need to do a license migration, but it depends on your customer's situation (e.g. when he bought the SMA, whether he already did a migration from the HSV element manager to OVSOM, ...).