108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA3000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Hoang Minh Tuan
Regular Advisor

EVA3000

I've just had an EVA3000 and I created a Vdisk with 100GB. The question I want to ask is that Vdisk is the same meaning as LUN or not? and in my the server not seen LUN.
Help me this situation,
Thanks a lots
Bus wait at bus station, Work wait at my work station
8 REPLIES 8
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: EVA3000

Hi,
A Vdisk is a logical volume and the EVA assign a LUN to that volume. Have you configured your server in the EVA and "presented" the Vdisk to that server ?
malki_3
Frequent Advisor

When you create Vdisk, you must prensent this Vdisk to the host that you want see it.
Afetr you connect to this host and you launch scan for te detect this new device that was considered like disk on your host.
(When you do a presentation you can choose the LUN : 0,1,2,..etc that you want to be used by the vdisk for to be detected on the host. It waht permit to fixe the path of you "disk" on this host)
Hoang Minh Tuan
Regular Advisor

Following the steps you guideline, it's OK and the LUN must be presented by one host. So it's lead to a difficult situation is that if this LUN uses for cluster, it must be found on all (at least 2) hosts.
florence mathon lermusi
Trusted Contributor

I,

you can present your vdisk to all the hosts defined on your eva.

in command view click on your vdisk, then on "present" at the top of the page and follow the steps...
Hoang Minh Tuan
Regular Advisor

Thanks to all, all of your help made my attitude more clearly than before
Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor

Hi Tuan.
EVA5000 and EVA3000 are rarely used in Viet Nam. I have installed EVA3000 on my site but some features are limited. (such as business copy, disk cron) If you need more info about EVA3000 i will support you via email,phone.
Regard.
tienna
HP is simple
Pruthviraj HP
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

here are the steps to preset a vdisk to the host.
1. Create the host entry in the appliance with the proper name, IP address and Host OS.
2. Choose the HBA ports that are connected to this EVA thru the switch. Add them to the host info.
3. Create Vdisk.
4. Present a vdisk to the host.
5. at the host end initiate the device discovery.

P.S. If you are using HP-UX host, do not issue a 'ioscan' till you finish the above steps.

Regards,
Pruthvi
Hoang Minh Tuan
Regular Advisor

Thanks Pruthviraj, especially Tien for enthusiastic help.
Yes, If you have useful docs about EVA you could share it to me via email: tuan-hm@hipt.com.vn

Tuan