1745786 Members
3999 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA4000 single path to disk

Howard_24
Advisor

EVA4000 single path to disk

I have an EVA4000 with windows hosts attached. Some boot from SAN and others are local boot. I have been working on Microsoft ASR process for image restore of the C drives, but in order to do this I need to have a single path to the disk. Is there a way to create a single path to a disk using the EVA? I know I can re-zone the swithes, but I would rather have a way to do it at the EVA LUN presentation. We have an old HSG80 and I was able to do it on their LUN using connections, but I haven't found a way to do it on the EVA.

Thanks,

Howard
3 REPLIES 3
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA4000 single path to disk

Hi,

with the EVA I don't think it's possible. It does not have a connection list like the HSG80 does, where you had separate connection names for each port/HBA combination. Zoning is the easiest way to do it. Changing the zoning requires about 1 minute with the command line.

zoneremove "zonename", "EVA_Port"
cfgsave
cfgenable "cfgname"

On the 2nd fabric you would remove both EVA ports from the zone.
This assumes you have Brocade switches (B-Series)
Then use the zoneadd command to add the paths back when you are finished.

Regards,
Stephen
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

You have to do it via zoning, you cannot present just one path from the EVA.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Howard_24
Advisor

Thanks for the replies. Do you know of a way to load a multipath driver during an Windows ASR recovery? I'm trying to get a image that can be restored quickly without having to re-zone.

In chase I forgot to mention I'm using Integrity servers.

Thanks,

Howard