4584 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4100 CV license warning over 90%

Jochen Neusius
Occasional Contributor

EVA4100 CV license warning over 90%

Hello,
we have an EVA4100 with 28*146GB = 3560GB with CV 9.0, licensed with 4x1TB. There comes a warning that the license usage exceeds 90%. Is it possible to increase the threshold to a higher value (e.g. 96%) in order to deactivate the alarm in CV?

Thanks in Advance
Jochen Neusius
4 REPLIES 4
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

No, this is a feature of Command View, it warns you that the amount of space on the EVA is reaching the licensed capacity.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I know it's not you fault, Victor, but it is a nuisance if the message can not be confirmed/ turned off !!

It's too late for the EVA, but it would be great if the vendor did some usability studies before bolting in a new "feature".
Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Hi,

As explained the warning message is for the Licensing capacity of the EVA but the treshold alarm is for the Disk Group capacity notification. The threshold settings would only change the DG capacity alarm level but for licensing capacity you will have purchase a higher capacity license.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prakash
Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I hope I'm missunderstanding, but you're not really trying to tell us that the customer is expected to buy additional license capacity to get rid of the WARNING when he has used more than 90% of the capacity he already has bought, do you?

Let's get real. He can't properly manage (e.g. add disks/vdisks) a system with more disk space than he has bought, anyway.