Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Disk Arrays
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVA4400 not responding: Error storage cell needs to be created to perform this command.

Michele (Mike) Alberton
Regular Advisor

EVA4400 not responding: Error storage cell needs to be created to perform this command.

Hi,

we have an EVA4400 connected to an rx6600 (11.23) and monitored by a local PC.

Since I could not reach one of the controllers, and before calling out HP tried to Shutdown/Restart the remaining controller after unmounting all filesystems.

5001-4380-025D-9320> ls controller

controller available on this Cell:
\Hardware\Controller Enclosure\Controller 1

I ran the Shutdown on the controller object, but once trying to restart all_peers I got:

"Error storage cell needs to be created to perform this command"

Could not find any reference to this error or to the cell creation procedure.

Don't have physical access to the storage at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Cheers,

Mike
2 REPLIES
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA4400 not responding: Error storage cell needs to be created to perform this command.

The "storage cell" is an internal name for an initialized EVA. When using SSSU, each EVA system used to be refered to as a cell, now it's LS SYSTEM, not LS CELL.

You only have one controller visible, that means the other one has crashed or it's stopped. You should not reboot or shutdown controllers without being on the line with HP support.

I suggest looking at the controller status on the WOCP, collecting lastest logs from Command View and call HP so they send a CE there with a serial cable to see what the other controller is doing.
Michele (Mike) Alberton
Regular Advisor

Re: EVA4400 not responding: Error storage cell needs to be created to perform this command.

Thanks vcespon,

will access the site today to gather information and involve HP right away.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Cheers,

Mike