1748136 Members
3780 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA5000 Email notification

Axel_19

EVA5000 Email notification

Hi,

I've got a problem with my EVA 5000 because the email notification doesn't work. However I've correctly configured my SMTP server because the test email runs.
Could anyone help me please?
Axel
5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Axel,
did you rename your Storage Management Appliance? If that is true, you need to re-run a local discovery first.
Axel_19

No I don't rename ManApp. Must I do that if I want to use email notification?
Axel
Matt Burgess
Frequent Advisor

What kind of events are you trying to receive?

You must configure the 'notification' section to choose which events you want to forward. By default the MSA will only forward events from the MSA event log. If you want to forward EVA events, you need to tell CV EVA to forward snmp traps to the MSA. To do this go to 'set options' under CV EVA and add 127.0.0.1 or the sma ip address as the trap destination. Then go to the 'notification' section and you will find all of the EVA events. You may need to run a local SAN discovery in between, but if you wait 5-10 minutes it should add the events automatically.
Axel_19

For the moment, I try to receive all the events (it's just for test). But I needn't SNMP traps, I just want email notification. I've correctly (it seems...) configured users who must be alerted when an event appears but it doesn't work...
Tom O'Toole
Respected Contributor

The test email tests nothing other than that you can get mail through the smtp server you have set up. you will also need to set up SNMP, to be able to send/receive traps, as someone else said, because that's how osm/openview/SMA gets the event notification. You will also need to correcty set up a notification account, the filtering in OSM (per that account). I believe command view /eva should also be set up to send traps to localhost.

After all that (believe me), even if you get it to work, the notifications aren't as useful as they should be.

You should have HP come out and install webes on the sanapp for you, and configure email notifications. This provides the best currently available event reporting, in my opinion.
Can you imagine if we used PCs to manage our enterprise systems? ... oops.