1752590 Members
3797 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA5000 VCS 4.x - 3.x Downgrade?

Ian Dennison_1
Honored Contributor

EVA5000 VCS 4.x - 3.x Downgrade?

Have a trash-and-burn EVA-5000 that I am using for testing VCS Upgrades and OS patching that is required as part of it. I cannot seem to downgrade the VCS from 4.100 to 3.110, even after de-initialising the Array.

Also, when I did upgrade the VCS and recable the SAN, only half the device paths were visible in "ioscan -fn"; the rest were "UNKNOWN". Even using the Fibre-Channel-00 driver install did not bring them back. Eventually I had to re-install SecurePath (Active/ Active instead of Active / Passive) then de-install it to get the devices recognised.

Has anyone seen these before and know how to work around them?

Share and Enjoy! Ian
Building a dumber user
2 REPLIES 2
Ian Dennison_1
Honored Contributor

Hmmmm, got it working. You can't use the GUI, you have to un-initialise the Array, use SSSU to select the un-initialised Array and then perform a "codeload [path to SSS file]". Once this is complete (wait for the codeload on the trays and disks to complete), you can initialise the Array.

10 points to Hufflepuff there. Share and Enjoy. Ian
Building a dumber user
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi Ian,
To go from VCS v4.x to v3.x you must uninitialise the array before the codeload. I have done this many times no problem from CV. I have also done the un-init from CV or the OCP - no problem. Alos the versions you specified = all OK. The key thing is to un-init first or it will fail.
Are you using HP-UX as the OS? If so what version as this is where you can have fun with SP or MPIO as most people call it!
Assuming HP-UX for VCS VCS V3.xxx (A/P) you need SP V3.0c for VCS V4.xxx (A/A)you need SP V3.0f. Both versions can co-exist on the same platform and you would need both if you are using both versions of VCS. If you do not use them you can still use pvlinks.
I believe that this is correct up to HP-UX 11.23. For 11.31 the it is native.
Type in "spmgr" for V3.0c and "autopath" for 3.0f and you will see what params/qualifiers you have available for each cmd.
Alternatively put in "swlist" and look for the products.
Mark...

if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...