108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA5000 code + more

SOLVED
Go to solution
inex
Super Advisor

EVA5000 code + more

We upgraded from VCS3028 to 3110 on an EVA5000. The performance has been degraded.
Anyone seen something similar?

Is it possible to move vdisks online between the EVA controllers?

If you change os in the host connection, I was told that we had to unpresent and present the disk again on the specific host for the new connection type to take effect.
Is this true?

-inex

4 REPLIES 4
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: EVA5000 code + more

The performance of a SAN storage device depends on to many things, you'll have to capture data with EVAperf to see what's happening exactly.

Regarding the managing controler of a vdisk, it can be changed online, through Command View or on request from the multipath software.

With firmware 3110 one controller (2 paths) is active and the other is in standby for each vdisk, but the managing controller can be changed anytime since the vdisk is presented to the server through all 4 paths.
inex
Super Advisor

Yes, I agree that the performance depends on many things. And we will run evaperf this coming week. The only change we did to the san was an EVA VCS and disk fw upgrade.
I would be surpries if this has something to do with the vcs code change.
Maybe the luns now are not evenly balanced among the controllers.

We need to change the os type for the host connection. Do you know if the luns should be unpresented / presented for the changes to take effect?

-inex
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Yes, if you change the host type on the host definition, you must unpresent all the vdisks before doing the change.
inex
Super Advisor

Ok, thanks