Disk Enclosures
1748213 Members
2923 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA5000 relocating into a Third Party Rack??? Possible??

Chris Velasquez
Contributor

EVA5000 relocating into a Third Party Rack??? Possible??

I have a govt. customer that has an EVA5000 that wants to remove it from the Hp rack and install all the hardware into a Third party Rack. Is this possible? Are there any white papers or similar documentation detailing this?
The reason for wanting to move the EVA5000 into the new rack is;
1. Lack of floorspace to add the new rack.
2. US Air Force has filled the computer room with the third party racks and they would like it to be installed in one of the existing racks.

Has anyone done this? What were your experiences?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA5000 relocating into a Third Party Rack??? Possible??

I have done this with an EVA3000, so yes it should be possible for an EVA5000, too. You need to check that the mounting rails in the 3rd party rack are compatible and of course that there's enough 208V (assuming you're in the US) power. Ours was a bit of an erector-set job, but once we got it in, it worked just fine.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Chris

You should have no problems getting the EVA to function in a different rack and HP should not really give too much pushback on supportability, but you definitely need to make sure that the hardware fits properly. I think the newer eva's comes with rails that are more "generic" then in the past so you might not have to get anything extra.

You may have to get some extra parts for thwe PDU's, but those should mount easily as well.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
NMory
Respected Contributor

Chris:

This is a nice site for your rack options that you need, just for future reference:

http://www.racksolutions.com/

As long as the EVA fits perfectly and you are not damaging the hardware in any way, you will be just fine....

Regards,

LN