5413 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA5K Adding Capacity

Wanda_5
Frequent Advisor

EVA5K Adding Capacity

Hi all,

We have been experimenting with our new EVA5K (since we are all newbies with this) and this is what weve experienced:
We initially assigned a 150GB capacity for a host. After configuring it (partitions). We added another 50GB without unpresenting the host. After adding the 50G, the server now sees 200GB, which is correct, but the partitioning was gone.
Is there a correct way of adding capacity Req? so that the previous configurations will still be present?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Wandaa,

Attached the EVA Storage management guide. This will solve all your queries.

Pls reply with the results and also if you need more docs on the same.

regards,
Syam
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Wanda,

Giving you the procedure what I normally use. I have created a site specific procedure but now have generalised and given here.

I assume that you have HP-UX environment.
==========================================

1.Type the url (eg:- 10.10.10.1) --> Enter the username and password
2.Click on command view eva
3.Click on devices
4.Click on command view
5.Click on Storage system name and then click on the Virtual disk to create a Lun

6.Click on create vdisk which will create a vdisk for that server .enter the name of Lun .Now depending upon the space available and which vraid level one wants to configure select the Disk group and enter the desired size and select the host for which one intends to create the lun.If there is any specific requirement for the vdisk by DBA then click on advanced options otherwise click on finish.

7.Then login to the server for which you have created the vdisk.Run ioscan ├в funC disk.One will be able to see a disk without the device file name which means that disk has been added to the server.Then run insf ├в ve which will give the device file name for the disk.After that do

8.pvcreate then vgextend or vgcreate then lvextend or lvcreate depending upon the requirement

regards
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor

the commands are ioscan -fnC disk
and insf -e

its not coming clear in the above post.

regards,
Syam