108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA6400 enclosure loop wiring

SOLVED
Go to solution
ColinF
Advisor

EVA6400 enclosure loop wiring

I have an EVA6400 with 4 enclosures that I need to cable and can't seem to find docs for a 6400 online. I have cabled it as follows and wanted to make sure it's correct.

There are two loops available but I am thinking with only four shelves I should only use 1 loop for now so I have:

-controller 1 port DP1-A goes to the top shelf port P1, P2 goes to P1 on the second shelf and so on
-controller 2 port DP1-A goes to port P2 on last shelf in the loop
-controller 2 port DP1-B goes to the top shelf port P1, P2 goes to P1 on the second shelf and so on
-controller 1 port DP1-B goes to port P2 on the last shelf in the loop
-controller 1 port DP2-A is directly connected to controller 2 port DP2-A so the unused loop is not open
-controller 1 port DP2-B is directly connected to controller 2 port DP2-B so the unused loop is not open
-controller 1 port MP1 is directly connected to controller 2 port MP1
-controller 1 port MP2 is directly connected to controller 2 port MP2

5 REPLIES 5
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

The "HP StorageWorks 6400-8400 Enterprise Virtual Array installation guide" has been removed from the public web some weeks ago (no idea why).

I attach screenshots from the August 2009 version.
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
You should put TWO shelves on each loop. The cabling is the same for each loop. Remember to evenly distribute your disks between the shelves as well.
It is not supported by HP not to use just one of the loops - but it would still work.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
crlogic

vcespon - can you email me a copy of the EVA 6400 installation guide?

andybgrant@gmail.com

thanks
bestinm
Advisor

Hi,

As per ""HPEVA64008400 M6412A disk enclosure installation instructions" there should be two loops for Eva6400. I have got an EVA 6400 2C3D and 27 Disks. Please provide me the loop connections as well as the best disk population methods. We are planning to have single disk group (max two) and single protection.

thanks,

Bestin

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The cabeling is in the manual you mentioned - around page 10/11.

27 Disks / 3 Enclosures = 9 Disks per Enclosure - start filling from bay one.