5743 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA8000 migration

Sajeev2007
Frequent Advisor

EVA8000 migration

Hi All,

I have two EVA8000 sitting in two geographical locations. two in each location. only one EVA in each location is in production. I need to move production EVA from location 1 to location 2 without any impact on operations. what do you suggest ?
all suggestions / openions are welcome.
Thank you,
3 REPLIES 3

Re: EVA8000 migration

Hi Sajeev,

Your question is very broad, but to handle such tasks and situations you should have CA (Continuous Access) setup. You need to have license for it too.

In this setup one EVA acts as a backup of the other EVA. When one goes down, second takes over.

If you don't want to buy a CA license then you probabaly need to have a some downtime planned.

Contact your HP Reseller/Account Manager who will get someone from HP Services team and help you plan a CA setup.
Sajeev2007
Frequent Advisor

one idea that we had was to use CA.

Use CA, Replicate EVA1 to EVA 2 in location 1. then ship EVA2 to location 2 and bring it up. once it is up in location 2, replicate most recent changes and then shut down EVA1 and EVA2 in location 2 will be the active one.

is this a good way to go or ......?

thanks

Hi Sajeev,

That is a good way to do this, and HP recomended one! However please make sure that you are following all the Best practices for CA, settings in your Fabric(switches), EVA FW is up to date, disk groups and RSS states are ok, I would sugest opening a case with HP support and asking them to analyze all the logs to see if there any problems in the existing setup.

CA setup may fail if HP receomended settings are not used.