1752378 Members
6997 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA8k MLD file corruption

Sajeev2007
Frequent Advisor

EVA8k MLD file corruption

The MLD file for my EVA8k is corrupted. Did an MLD recover but most of the LUNs are still named are "Recovered LUN 001" ...up to 015 state.

Why did this happen ? what can be done to prevent it ?

Thanks,

Sajeev
4 REPLIES 4
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA8k MLD file corruption

Hi,
its a very rare situation in which a Management logical disks database is corrupted. Which version of the CVE and which EVA firmware are you using pls, because one cause of the MLD corruption is an old CVE code. (records overwritten with the records of other objects, wrong linked lists, etc. can be the corruption mechanism. Thats why we should keep the firmwares and software versions in a recommended/supported versions
the pain is one part of the reality
Sajeev2007
Frequent Advisor

Microcode is 611

CV is version 6
Sajeev2007
Frequent Advisor

actually when the error occured i was managing it with CV 7
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
MLD is a part of the metadata and if the CVE is not able to communicate with the MLD object database it can corrupt it as it occured here.(Therefore can you send me the EVA controller log pls to have more information on this pls? MLD corruption usualy has nothing to do with the quorums which the controllers use for the normal operation. In other words, if there is the MLD corruption, it is the problem only for the EVA management. But you have mentioned that the EVA had crushed. So it is very probable that something happened with the controllers. (this may be visible from the controller and termination logs) and they subsequently corrupted the MLD.
the pain is one part of the reality