1753905 Members
9733 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVAPerf w/ fnames.conf

NathanK
Regular Advisor

EVAPerf w/ fnames.conf

I am trying to view the Host connection queue depth for each host that is connected to my EVA. Problem is that instead of showing the alias in fnames.conf as the instance of the counter it is taking a subset of the FC WWN.

Here's what I have in my fnames.conf file:

# Hosts for array: NPPCEVA01
1000-0000-C947-2C41 SAN MANAGEMENT APPLIANCE\SMAEVA

Here's what the instance displays as:

NPPCEVA01:W008:C947-2C41
NPPCEVA01:X06M:C947-2C41

Any ideas?

NathanK
If there is no solution then there is no problem
5 REPLIES 5
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: EVAPerf w/ fnames.conf

No idea if this applies to you Nathan, but HP did just release this advisory regarding "friendly" names and EVAPerf:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00587046
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

But that advisory is about the virtual disk's LUN-WWN vs UUID which can be different, not the Host mapping.

I can't test it myself right now, but it might be a problem with the space characters in this string: "SAN MANAGEMENT APPLIANCE".
NathanK
Regular Advisor

Yea I saw the advisory, but it doesn't apply.

I also have other machines that I didn't include that don't work and also don't have any spaces.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

In my fnames.conf I have only the last two quartets and works fine, like this:

C947-2C41 SMAA
C947-2C43 SMAB
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
NathanK
Regular Advisor

I guess I should say that I am trying to view this information in perfmon. It shows the way it should when I do an evaperf hc, but perfmon shows the last 2 quads of the WWN.