1752800 Members
6022 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error Flashing

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Error Flashing

I got a error while update the Rom from 1.28 to 1.62, the error is "Flash unsuccsessfull error Bh", but after a reboot the Controller shows the new Version 1.62 and all diag's are ok.
i tried this on 5 different Maschines of Type ML530 with ROM 11-08-2000.
5 REPLIES 5
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

If you upgrade the firmware of 5300 controller installed in an ML530, you will recieve an error at the end of the upgrade process

Warning: Flash unsuccessful; BH
Compaq Smart 5300 controller Slot X

When you reboot you will find that the array was updated and working fine, with no problems. I think this maybe a rom related issue on the 530 not sure if Compaq will have another rom for server to resolve this or the array controller. NOTE THAT THE FLASH UGRADE IS GOOD AND ALL WILL WORK FINE.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Have anyone heard anything new from Compaq support about this issue? We have had the same issue on the ML530 with both the new and old BIOS (4.06A, 4,05A).
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Don't have anything on this (yet)... What other cards/options do you have installed in these systems?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We have tested with SA5300 in PIC slot 7 and the original NC in PIC slot 5. The system is configured with dual III eon 933 MHz and 2 I 512 BB in slot 1 and 5 and the original 128 BB in slot 2. The system is configured with the extra Drive Cage. Disks are 2 I 18 GB 10K in 1:0 and 2:0, 3 x 36 GB 10K in 1:1, 1:2 and 2:1.
And think thats about all it?s configured with.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Exactly the same problem occurs with 2 SA5300 on a Ml530 patched with the last firmware... Same observation with the diag's and version showed by the smart array after the flash failure...

Is it just a cosmetic problem, a way to rise your adrenaline blood level and nothing else?

Kind regards

Philippe