5411 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Expanding a Logical Drive

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Expanding a Logical Drive

Hello,

I need to expand a logical drive using a 3200 controller. The firmware version of the controller is 4.32, and according to the SoftPaq info. I should be able to do this from version 4.03 an upwards based on the application of SP8562. The ACU does not allow me to expand the array, and I have been told that there is a particular way to go about this, but not how. Anybody know?
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Expanding a Logical Drive

email me I send will send you a word doc with screen by screen shots and info on how to do this email me at orionquest@hotmail.com with subject SA3200 logical drive expansion
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks, the email was gratefully received, however the Array Configuration utility does not give me the option of Expanding the array, it is greyed out when the wizards prompts me. I can only create a new array/Logical drive which is not what I want to do. The firmware version on the controller is 4.32 so I should be able to do this, since version 4.03 included the Logical Drive Extension' as a new feature. Any ideas? I might apply the new softpaq tonight which takes the firmware up to 4.44.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

hmm make sure that all drives are seen update the firmware on the controller sp12985 and also update the version of acu (array configuration utility) cp000358 and try again it should work you can find the cp file at this address ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

If you still have problems doing this - email support@compaq.com