108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FC60 and SC10 configuration guide ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dnack
Occasional Advisor

FC60 and SC10 configuration guide ?

where can i get the configuration guide from the hp website? btw, what utility do i used to configure raid for the above mention for W2k advance server clustered environment? fc array assistance?

Thank You
N
6 REPLIES 6
Xavier Gutierrez
Frequent Advisor

If you mean Hardware config guides, they're all HP Restricted, I think.

Regards,
Xavi
Live fast, die young!
Enes Dizdarevic
Honored Contributor

Cluster configuration guides for HP certified cluster configurations can be found on:
http://netserver.hp.com/products/high_availability/ms_supported_config.asp
This site IS public available. What is not public available is Installation guides (reserved for certified cluster installers, password protected). Checking this site (you can also check www.microsoft.com/hcl, search for: fc60 in: cluster) you can see that HP has certified FC60 for NT4.0 only, so appropriate configuration and installation guides for Win2K does not exist.

Note: When you check MS HCL for fc60, cluster you will find fc60 in Cluster/RAID System certified for Win2K. It means only that fc60 has passed cluster candidate tests but will be certified for clustering when a vendor gives complete configuration (including servers) for certification.
As far as I know HP does not have plans to support fc60 in win2k cluster environment.
napster_2
Solution

Hi
from your link i can only managed to find some software download.
From the certified installer corner, i can only get the guide for RS12FC, but not sc10 with FC60. Can FCarray assistant be used to configure the raid?
Enes Dizdarevic
Honored Contributor

You can not use fcarray assistent to configure FC60. Fcarray assistent is for rs12fc. Software for configuring FC60 under windows is called HP storage manager 60 and I think it has to be bought separetely. Here is the link where you can find storage manager 60 manuals:http://www.hp.com/cposupport/manindex/hpsurestor19163_eng_man.html
Although the new version of storage manager 60 works with NT and Win2K HP does not suppo2k cluster, only NT cluster.
I do not know what is the problem with the link I give you in previous message. I have checked it: it points to certified configurations where you can select FC60 certified configuration and go to configuration manual (for NT40 only, as I explained.).
For your information: FC60 should be considered as obsolete product. It is not recommened to install new production windows systems using it, new product is Virtual array.

Insu Kim
Honored Contributor

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/manindex/hpsurestor19163_eng_man.html

You can click on "Storage Manager 60-NT Users Guide", "Storage Manager 60-NT Introduction Guide" and "Disk Array FC60 User's Guide (A5635A)".

Hope this helps,
Never say "no" first.
Dnack
Occasional Advisor

thank guys..help me alot