Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FC60 and VxVM

Huber_4
Occasional Visitor

FC60 and VxVM

Hi all,

I have 6 LUNS managed by a FC60. I have advanced VxVM installed on my platform. But vea does not see these LUNs whereas ioscan and amdsp see them. And actually I don't see my LUNs in /dev/vx/rdmp/. And when I try to run a "vxdisksetup -i cxtydz" (where cxtydz is the device of a LUN), I obtain the following error:
vxvm:vxdisk: ERROR: Device c4t0d0: Not in the configuration

What is wrong ? How can I say to CVM that there are LUNs on my plateform ?

Thanks in advance for all your answers.
12 REPLIES
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: FC60 and VxVM

Looks like problem is not in the FC60 but in VxVM setup
Eugeny
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor

Huber,

Please have a look at this link that I posted previously. Due to this, I would contact HP and/or Veritas and see if a patch is available.

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x2f36af48a9e5d5118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html

HTH,

Dave
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

I checked the Veritas website, and apparently you need v3.5 to support FC60.

Please see http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/VolumeManager_UNIX/250786.pdf
and
http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/VolumeManager_UNIX/250789.pdf

for more details.

Please note that VxVM v3.5 supports ONLY HP-UX 11i.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Huber_4
Occasional Visitor

Yes, I also had a look at thes docs and I have v3.5! I do not find any solution. I'm trying the strong way : creation of the LUNs then reinstallation of HPUX (I also have HPUX11i...). Because previously I installed HPUX then rearranged LUNs (unbind, rebind,etc)

Thanks for you answers.

Huber,

Did you run "vxdctl enable" before trying vxdisksetup?

HTH,
-- Stanislav
Huber_4
Occasional Visitor

Yes, I tried that, thank you. I have no idea anymore. I opened a case at Veritas. But if you have other ideas, you're welcome !
Gerrit Beyken
Respected Contributor

Hi,

have i understand you correct?
Are your FC60-luns not available in ioscan nor the FC60 by ampdsp?

Can you attach your ioscan please?

regards

Gerrit
Huber_4
Occasional Visitor

Gerrit Beyken
Respected Contributor

Hi,

looks very well.
May it be that you have to do the vxdisksetup with the full devicefile of you disk (just like pvcreate).
I mean: "vxdisksetup -i /dev/dsk/cxtydz".

regards

Gerrit
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

From amdsp output I guess that WCA and CMA are not checked with 'X' for all LUNs. Do you have single-controller FC60? Any component failures? Why cache is not active?
Post amdsp -a here
Eugeny
Huber_4
Occasional Visitor

To reply to Gerrit : no I can't use full path. It is not accepted.
For Eugeny :
I do not have alternate paths because I do not have as many fiber channels as required. That's maybe the reason for what you noticed. Do you think this could be the origin of my problems ?
I enclose the output of ampsp -a.
Thanks.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Huber, your FC60 has very old firmware - HP01 (latest HP11), some BCCs are in unconscious state (may require replacement) and I recommend you to call HP asap for firmware upgrade and FC60 examination.
When you'll get FC60 in 'Ready' state only then we can talk about OS, patches and drivers.
Please keep me on track with your FC60
Eugeny