3096 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FC60 vs LSI Logic's E3300

Yogesh Damle_4
Occasional Contributor

FC60 vs LSI Logic's E3300

Hello! All,

We are planning to buy a fiber solution for data storage. We are debating between FC60 & LSI Logic's E3300 boxes.

Does anyone of you know which of them is better and why ? Which of the two are easy to maintain, trouble-shoot etc.

any pointer would be most helpful.
Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7
Lacrosse
Regular Advisor

Hey Yogesh from a performance standpoint they are both pretty much equal, the only difference I can see would come down to price and support....not sure what LSI support is like and you may get into a finger pointing scenario if there was a problem....good luck
Yogesh Damle_4
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.

I'm getting the hardware from the 3rd party vendor who sells and supports both FC60 & LSI's MetaStor E3300 boxes. So, finger pointing is not an issue.

What I wanted to know was, are there any technical issues with either of the 2 boxes, because HP doesn't manufacture FC60's anymore?
Lacrosse
Regular Advisor

I agree, but I have run into problems where there is a bug in the driver for those devices (nothing a 3rd party can do) not to say that doesn't exist with HP's products as well but usually more extensive testing has been done.
No technical issues that I can see on either, HP still supports the FC60 even though they discontinued production of the product.
Have a great week-end
Yogesh Damle_4
Occasional Contributor

Do you know of any web-site that compares the two side-by-side if possible ?
thank you.
Lacrosse
Regular Advisor

if you do a search through google on both there are 2 PDF datasheets that you can compare
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Yogesh Damle_4
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much.