New Discussion юеВ

Firmware Upgrade In Surestore 12H AutoRAID

SOLVED
Go to solution
Suren Selva
Advisor

Firmware Upgrade In Surestore 12H AutoRAID

Hello All,

We have some AutoRAIDs running on production systems, that need their firmware upgraded to HP58 or above.

Can anyone let met know where I can find some information on upgrading AutoRAID firmware?

Thank you.

Regards,
Suren Selva
HP-UX System Administrator
Experience is worth nothing if not gained from!
6 REPLIES 6
Craig Rants
Honored Contributor

Re: Firmware Upgrade In Surestore 12H AutoRAID

Since autoraid firmware updates are usually "mandatory", then your CE will handle the upgrade for you at no cost. At least we have always gotten this service from our CE. Don't think that you can get the firmware upgrade software on it's own.

GL,
C
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. " Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

If you have these devices on hardware maintenance, call HP and get them to do it for you. Make sure you have good backups of everything on the arrays, too. Normally therre aren't any problems, but if there are, you're liable to need the backup.

HP can also bring extra drives and controllers in case the firmware upgrade messes one up somehow.
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Try this link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNum=A3700A&prodName=hp+surestore+e+disk+array+12h%28autoraid%29&locale=en_US&taskName=download+drivers+%26+software&taskId=8418&prodSeriesId=33733&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesName=hp+sures

After downloading the firmware, you actually install the firmware using the HP-UX 'download' utility.
Man download for details.

I've upgraded 12H firmware many times and have never had a problem.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor
Solution

I've used Insu's tips and it works for me. Follow this thread.
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x15459f5b3d4fd61190030090279cd0f9,00.html
Hope it helps..
Brian M Rawlings
Honored Contributor

Suren: FYI, the current FW version for 12H autoraids is HP62 (as of last week, at least). If you download FW, make sure it is at least HP62.

Regards, --bmr
We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. (Benjamin Franklin)
Suren Selva
Advisor

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate every one of them.

Suren
Experience is worth nothing if not gained from!