Disk Enclosures
1753325 Members
5291 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Force Unit Access Response

Force Unit Access Response

I need to change the value of the configuration parm "Force Unit Access Response" on a SureStore E Disk Array 12H. I do not know how. I have read man pages on arraymgr but do not see an option that applies to this parameter. Can some one please tell me how to change "Force Unit Access Response" from 0 to 2.
Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Jason VanDerMark
Trusted Contributor

Re: Force Unit Access Response

Rebecca,

I found a pdf that may be right up your alley. You can find it here:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/manual_set/lpg28365.pdf

By just glancing through the document it shows different modes (Secure, Normal, High Performance, etc.) Each of them except HighPerformance has Force Unit Access Response set to 2. Maybe it will be as easy as changing the mode of the array. I hope that this helps in some way.

Regards,
Jason V.
Tie two birds together, eventhough they have four wings, they cannot fly.

I have this document. I have tried changing the paramenters you talked about but it "does not" change the FUA value. It remains "0".
Mark van Silfhout
Trusted Contributor

Hi Rebecca,

Your AutoRaid is probably running firmware HP60 or HP62, because since HP60 the FUA bit behavior has slightly changed (but there's no updated documentation at the moment).
Before HP6x you had to set resiliency to High performance to get the FUA bit ignored. From HP6X on the FUA bit is ignored (and set 0) in normal mode also.
You did not write, why you needed to set the FUA bit to 2 (it could have bad consequences for the AUTORAID performance)

Regards,
Mark