1752806 Members
5783 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Getting error while adding storage disk in the server

Prabhi
Advisor

Getting error while adding storage disk in the server

I am getting the below error when i add the storage disk in the server the device file is not visible anybody can explain in detail how to resolve this issue the error i get is shown below,

class : lunpath, instance 799
Evpd inquiry page 83h/80h failed or the current page 83h/80h data do not match the previous known page 83h/80h data on LUN id 0x0
probed beneath the target path (class = tgtpath, instance = 21) The lun path is (class = lunpath, instance 799).Run 'scsimgr repla
ce_wwid' command to validate the change

class : lunpath, instance 800
Evpd inquiry page 83h/80h failed or the current page 83h/80h data do not match the previous known page 83h/80h data on LUN id 0x0
probed beneath the target path (class = tgtpath, instance = 20) The lun path is (class = lunpath, instance 800).Run 'scsimgr repla
ce_wwid' command to validate the change

3 REPLIES 3
Turgay Cavdar
Honored Contributor

Your system has detected that on this lunpath some device change occurs, LUN id and target id is same but device WWID has changed. This kind of warning message is logged when you replace disk on the system or remove device on the storage and readd with the same LUN. If you are ok with this change you can give the following command to approve the change:

scsimgr -f replace_wwid -C lunpath -I
Prabhi
Advisor

How to find the WWID
Turgay Cavdar
Honored Contributor

If you type:
scsimgr get_info -C lunpath -I <>

then you will see "Open close state" as AUTH_FAILED. You can also see LUN WWID in the same command output.