Disk Enclosures
1748014 Members
3936 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

HELP - How to identify a controller card?

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

HELP - How to identify a controller card?

I found a Smart Array card stacked away in our server room. I think it's a 3200, but I can't be sure. Probably 1.5 years old. How can I figure out what it is? It has 2 ext and 2 internal connectors. 2 channels LVD and 1 channel SE SCSI controller. There are a number of bar code/numbers on the card, which don't appear very helpful. There is no daughter board attached, nor does there appear to be a way to connect one.

The next problem is once I identify the controller, what do I need to install it- what am I missing? Can I get another manual, driver CD, etc, ...?
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP - How to identify a controller card?

Calshamus,

I don't believe that your card is an array controller. Most of our array controllers have some sort of daughter card. It contains our cache or the internal port themselves. You may have a plain scsi controller. Compaq part numbers are located somewhere on the board. They are in a 6-3 format (xxxxxx-xxx). Any numbers that you can provide will help us determine which board you have. Once we determine that, then we can assist you in getting the correct driver, manual and any missing parts if any.

Have a nice day,