108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HHBA-5101C Fibre HBA Card

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Corley
Occasional Contributor

HHBA-5101C Fibre HBA Card

This card is in a LP2000r with Windows 2000 Server installed. This in turn is connected to a VA7400 via a Brocade switch.

How can I change the connection from arbitrated loop to fabric?

Can this be done on the local machine?

Chris
3 REPLIES 3
Enes Dizdarevic
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HHBA-5101C Fibre HBA Card

There is a parameter in windows registy which determines id card will be initialized is loop or fabric mode. This parameter is "InitAsNport". There is a readme file on drivers diskette which explains how to change that parameter. If you do not have this file here is short expanation:
First method: If you have files Nport_Off.REG and Nport_On.REG on your drivers diskette simpli run appropriate file. All registry changes will be made automatically.
Second method: If you do not have these files you have to do it manually.
1. Open the registry at the following location:
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\AFCW2K\Parameters
2. Double-Click on the Driver Parameter key, which you want to modify, for example, Double-Click on "InitAsNport", if want to enable/disable N_Port support
3. A DWORD Editor text box will appear. Enter the parameter value in the text box, and click OK, for example enter 0 to disable N_Port, or enter 1 to enable N_Port support.

If parameter "InitAsNport" does not exist you first have to create registry key with the name InitAsNport (dword type) in Parameters key.
Guy Fillatre
Occasional Advisor

Chris,

Did this work for you?

I am about to do this myself, but bo you use the enable or disable to move to fabric mode?

Thanks,

Guy
Chris Corley
Occasional Contributor

Guy,

This was exactly what I needed.

I enabled N Port support to move to fabric mode.

Chris