Disk Enclosures
1753435 Members
4536 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

HOW to up/down grade FC drive frimware with windows?

Steven  Bucek
Frequent Advisor

HOW to up/down grade FC drive frimware with windows?

I have several A6194A' with HP09 and HP03 and need them to HP05, I don't know why its just the task im assigned.

I have a DS2400 connected to a netserver running win2k3 with CVSDM 1.9 loaded. I have the firmware file for the type of drives (ST373307FC.HP05.frm) but the terminal commands appear to be unix and dont work at the dos prompt in windows. EXAMPLE > The directions say 'Enter JBODdsp -i command to get a display of the disks on the system. IF this command doesn't work try entering it with the complete path #/opt/sanmgr/commandview/client/sbin/JBODdsp -i

I guess I dont have to tell you there is no /opt dir on a windows box. The first sentance of this document says ' xxx can be updated by customers using command view SSDM on either a windows or hp-ux server.' but does not provide any information on what to do with windows.

Anyone done this before?

ALSO! I connected an rx4640 to the ds2400 and used the bootable ISO image i downloaded from hp to update the firmware, but it has not provided results either.

Since these drives are seagate, I tried to use SEAtools enterprise to update the firmware but the seatools program wants files that end in .sea and the hp-fw i have is .frm

share your knowledge!
--To go forward, you must backup
1 REPLY 1
Steven  Bucek
Frequent Advisor

Re: HOW to up/down grade FC drive frimware with windows?

After command view is installed, you can run what appear to be ux commands from the dos prompt. If everything is connect properly the JBODdsp -i command gives you all info you need to apply the updates, provided you have the firmware files. My drives are now at HP05.

--To go forward, you must backup