1748089 Members
5066 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP EVA 4000 performance monitoring

Przemys┼Вaw

HP EVA 4000 performance monitoring

Hi
I am new in HP EVA. I have one disk array HP EVA 4000 with two HSV200 controllers. It is connected by fibre channel to 5 Windows 2003 Server. One of them (let's name it XXX) has HP EVA Command View and EVAPerf. I want to monitor total array performance. When I use evaperf on XXX it shows me performance only from XXX - not total array.
Do I have to install evaperf on every server or should I do it in other way.
My second question is how to monitor array performence by snmp.
7 REPLIES 7
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

EVAperf can show you the traffic on any disk group, any vdisk, any EVA port or any host.
Just use the correct options.

Also, it inserts counters on Windows performance monitor. Just look for counters starting with HP EVA.
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

Hi

For detailed information on how to use EVAPerf read Chapter 10 in the Command View EVA user guide.
The current version is here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02010669/c02010669.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

It expalins how to install EVAPerf, how to use it with the CLI or the GUIS.

You will also find it under Support > Storage Software > Management Software > Command View EVA > Manuals

Cheers
Pete
I love storage
Przemys┼Вaw

Thanks for replies.
I think that my output values from evaperf vdg are too low in peak hours and I want to be sure so here is my question. Does evaperf vdg displays traffic for all vdisks in disk groups, even for vdisks that ane not presented to the host on wich I am using evaperf? Maybe my monitoring method is incorrect. I have scheduled task which runs evaperf vdg every 5 minutes.
My second question is: how can I count max IO/s for array, diskgroup or vdisk. For example sometimes I am gettig 6000 Req/s and I want to know how many more Req/s array can take.
Przemys┼Вaw

Here is my sample output data. I must add that only 5 of 100 vdisks have been presented to the host xxx.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

This may help.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

5 minutes is a too long sample time
EVAperf vdg shows info from the disk group as a whole
EVAperd as shows info of the whole EVA

Follow instructions on this page:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01809990

Run with -cont 5 -dur 300 for 5 minutes, compress the CSV files and attach here
Przemys┼Вaw

Hi
Thanks for replies!!!
I have changed monitoring method. Now I have four scheduled tasks:
evaperf as -count 60 dur-240
evaperf hps -count 60 dur-240
evaperf vdg -count 60 dur-240
evaperf vd -count 60 dur-240
All tasks runs at the same time every 5 minutes.
Now I have same results from as, hps, vdg and vd. But why? Values for vd should be much lower than others or as, hps, and vdg shows me traffic only from host xxx.
I want to monitor EVA traffic continusly and show it on online graph (like MRTG). I can't have sample time 5 sec. It is to much data to store.