New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP EVA Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sajeev2007
Frequent Advisor

HP EVA Problem

Hi All,

We have a HP EVA 8000 where Luns were allocated by someone else. Now when we look at the switch and in the CV EVA we see different names for the allocated LUNs and we dont know which is which. How do we find out the the LUNs on the EVA by looking at the Switch (brocade). THank you.- Sajeev
4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

What do you see on the switch???

IMHO you can only see the controllers WWN and an alias for this in the zone config.

I'm not sure about your problem.

Can you see information you need in the command views vdisk/presentation and hosts section?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Sajeev2007
Frequent Advisor

I meant how do i find out what are the LUNs allocated to a particular host and how much of that space is being used.
gabbar
Trusted Contributor
Solution

In command view eva.. Click on Hosts..it lists all the hosts which have been presented the vdisks from this EVA.. Check the presentation tab for getting the info on vdisk and the LUN..

Hope this helps if I have understood your problem correctly
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
There are ways to associate them with the OS as well, but you did not specify that. If you require this info then just specify your OS.
As far as I know you will not see the LUNS via any switch only the port WWID's of the EVA's themselves.

Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...