Disk Enclosures
1751939 Members
5140 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP EVA6100 Down: How can i get a better support ?

McCready
Valued Contributor

The real unfortunate thing about HP support is that in almost all cases of a support level of less than "mission critical", you need to work the call yourself, and ask to speak to the manager on duty if you cannot get satisfaction to your expectations. As said, you cannot expect the average Level-1 (or even some level-2) engineers to make the right escalations. Something in the way HP trains it's support engineers must set their behavior this way...

Overall, you should already have a known support "team" for your account, including your HP account and storage sales rep, and your local hardware field service manager. Get them involved as soon as possible. In every case, you must clearly state the impact of this event on your business and use the concept of "totally unacceptable" in your conversations to get results if that is the case. Being told to initialize the array for disk failures is automatically IMHO "totally unacceptable".

check out evamgt.wetpaint.com and evamgt google group
IT HELP DESK
Occasional Contributor

Hello everybody,

The issue is finally resolved, this is due to low temperature in datacenter which caused the disks in RAW mode and lock the disks. But the L1 engineer who handled this case was not able to diagnose and he re-initilized the array after holding the case for 5 days. And this took the problems to next level where the array was not able to get into the initilaized state. it took 8 days for Hp to get the array back.

The L1 engineers where handling the case like a pc support asking initialize - reinitialize the array few times and re-start the array multiple times. This is the worst support i have ever come across in my life for a storage product. This time it is the so called " Enterprise " virtual array.

May be the array is enterprise class but not the support,

There is a customer advisory from HP , saying temperature below 18 Degrees freezes the FATA HDDs and should be heated back to get the disks online : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01728298&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN