1752291 Members
4910 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP P2000 G3 Installation Steps

KRafiq
Occasional Advisor

Just Inittial installation, I have upgraded firware but still I am facing problem, 

- DISKs is not showing in SMU

- I cannot change Date and Time

- I cannot create vdisk becuase disks are not appearing in console but physichly all hard drives are working fine.

I have followed steps as per instruction but I did not got any good result. 

Please send my good solution 

Thanks,

AnkitM
Trusted Contributor

1. Connect a serial cable and run show disks and check if it shows any disk on CLI to verify if its not just a cosmetic issue. If the disks are not showing up CLI.

2. Power Down entire P2000 and Hosts connected, if any

3. While, the P2000 is powered off Reseat each disks.

4. Power ON the P2000, once, all the disks are spinning check in the CLI if the disks are showing up or not.

5. With regards to Date/Time refer below examples:

Manually set the system time and date to 1:45 PM on September 22, 2011:
# set controller-date sep 22 13:45:0 2011
Success: Command completed successfully. - Date/Time successfully set.
(2011-11-02 13:45:03)
Manually set the system date and time to 4:30:50 PM on November 2, 2011 by specifying a
timestamp and an offset for the Central Time zone:
# set controller-date timestamp 1320273050 timezone -6
(2011-11-02 16:30:53)
Set the system to use NTP with an offset for the Mountain Time zone:
# set controller-date ntp enabled ntpaddress 69.10.36.3 timezone -7
(2011-11-02 12:15:22)
Set the system to use NTP with an offset for the Bangalore, India, time zone:

# set controller-date ntp enabled ntpaddress 69.10.36.3 timezone +5:30
(2011-11-02 23:00:02)

If you are still facing, issues with the P2000, I would recommend to open a case with HP Technical Support with below information ready:

- Cabling Information [Diagram]

- Picutres of Backend and Front End of P2000

- Store.logs if you are able to log in via Serial Connection or access to your laptop via a Remote Support Session while you are connected to P2000 with a serial connection.

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award KUDOS! to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.
KRafiq
Occasional Advisor

I have reboot and connect USB cable and create Hyper terminal and login and type (Show Disks) but I got error (unable comunicate to storage controller) try again......

AnkitM
Trusted Contributor

Does it give you the same output when you connect it to other controller and execute the command? 

Execute "restart mc both" if this also gives you an error.

Reseat the Controller, if its still the same.

To Reseat Follow http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay_ws_BI&spf_p.rid_kbDocDisplay=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&spf_p.rst_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02254585-2%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Even after Reseating the Controller, you are getting the same error:

- Power Down the Storage Unit

- Remove Controller B

- Power On the Storage Unit on Controller A

- Check the SMU/CLI/Serial Connection access, if its accessible. Upgrade the Firmware to latest for Controller A. 

- Power Down the Storage Unit

- Remove Controller A

- Insert Controller B 

- Check the SMU/CLI/Serial Connection access, if its accessible. Upgrade the Firmware to latest for Controller B. 

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award KUDOS! to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.
KRafiq
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Still same error I have did remove both controller one by one but its not show storage. kindly check pictures.

KRafiq
Occasional Advisor

please find another image,

AnkitM
Trusted Contributor

At this, point w/o logs or access to HyperTerm I can suggest Replacement of both the controllers and/or Disk Enclosure Chasis with Midplane.

OR open a Case with HP Technical Support for further investigation.