108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP P2000 MSA Performance Tool - Values missing in certain graphs

inti
Advisor

HP P2000 MSA Performance Tool - Values missing in certain graphs

Hi,

I have the following Issue:

If I try to plot a graph from the samples taken via a collection of the Performance Tool, often do not see any lines in the diagram although the operation succeedes. The reason is pretty obvious: The values are missing in Table 1. I only see the timestamps there. If I put some random numbers, I see a graph, so just the import from the csv somehow fails.

If I open the corresponding csv's I face an interesting issue:

I I open it with notepad++ or another simple tool, I see all values.

If I however open it with excel (wo have Excel 2010 in use), I see that most of the colums are cut at a certain character. sone even after just like 20 chars but only in the function field. Very strange indeed.

If I try to plot a csv, where the fields are not cut (or at least not so early), like vdisk_statistics.csv, I actually see values and a plot in the output.

I guess it is some problem with excel, but as the scripts seem to use an API together with excel this is a general problem.

Has anybody come around such a problem and can gibe me a hint, what to do ?

I already tried to set the language and format to english (we use a german localized versions), but that didn't help.

I added a screenshot to visualize the problem.

1 REPLY 1
akeelm
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP P2000 MSA Performance Tool - Values missing in certain graphs

Hi,

The best way to look at the data is using Pivot table, in excel 2010 the lines do comeup properly.

But you would need to do some changes in the file, like open the file in notepad++ keep the date & time in the same line.

This is the best way to plot the graphs.

I work for HP.