Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Disk Arrays
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Smart Array Multipath Software

GrandMasterMoo
Occasional Visitor

HP Smart Array Multipath Software

I have a single Win2003 Ent machine connected to the a Smart Array 500G2.

This is all working great, but I would like to make use of the HP Smart Array Multipath Software. Now, here is the issue:

I installed the OS with both cable connected, and then in Disk Managed enabled Disk1. I could also see Disk2 (on the other SCSI cable). The manual says don't install Windows with both connected, but too late!

I have tried to install the Multipath software, but this doesn't seem to be doing anything. If I check device manager I don't get any additional config options...and the software doesn't appear in the Add/Remove box...

Can someone point me in the right direction?
2 REPLIES
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Smart Array Multipath Software

remove the software and disconnect the second cable.

Reboot the server.

You should then be able to re-install the software, shutdown, connect the second cable and power up again.

Check status after power up.

Make sure you have the latest software and patches as well.

" http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/23213.html "

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
GrandMasterMoo
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Smart Array Multipath Software

Thanks very much. I was installing an older version of the software (although still v2). Oh well, all seems to be working fine now.

I just tested this by disconnected a cable, everything worked fine, but when I reconnected this didn't come back online. Is this normal behaviour? Or have I overlooked something?

Many thanks

Matt