5461 Online
54796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP StorageWorks EVA Security Complaince

O.G
Frequent Advisor

HP StorageWorks EVA Security Complaince

Hello guys

I am looking for some HP Docs that explain how DiskArrays (specifically EVA84000) "guarantee" data security from the access perspective.

I know CV/SIM requires the right credentials to access the storage system, and that LUNs are only presented to specific servers. But what I relly need is HP documents that explain how security breaches are mitigated, how HP prevents unauthorised access from stealing, deleting or modifying held data.

For example, how HP guarantees that if some hard drives are stolen (or replaced by warranty) no information can be extracted from them, it other words how HP protects confidential data held in StorageArrays.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: HP StorageWorks EVA Security Complaince

Hello,

I dont't know such a document but maybe you can contact you HP sales rep and ask for such an document.

But from my point of view: If I rip out a disk of an EVA I will not be able to recover any data from it. The other disks are missing, I don't have the metadata that is needed to read the data etc. But to make sure, that data can't be read, you should encrypt you data by using software like Utimaco SafeGuard, Truecrypt etc.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
O.G
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Patrick

I know what you mention and I know security relays on final implementation and internal policies, it is just that I was looking for some docs to support my statements...

Thanks
O.G
Frequent Advisor

I found a couple of docs that explain management and security of HP EVA storage systems, they apply to HP StorageWorks in general, it is not what I had in mind but it is a good reference:

HP StorageWorks Management Infrastructure: Administrator Guide
http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02012478/c02012478.pdf

HP StorageWorks Management Infrastructure: Maintenance & Service Guide
http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02012454/c02012454.pdf

Thanks for the help.