1751967 Members
4573 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Storageworks

David Dungan
Occasional Contributor

HP Storageworks

I have an HP Storageworks 4214 that was configured with a Raid 5 Array with a hot spare and connected to a 5300 controller.  When a failed drive was replaced the logical drive failed.  When I boot now with all drives inserted and the 5300 initializes, it reports 0 logical drives.  When I remove all but the drive in bay 1 the initialization report 1 logical drive with all drives but the one in bay 1 missing.  If I insert any additional drives I am back to 0 logical drives.  The initialization also reports that some drives may have been moved and suggests running the Array Diagnostic Utility - then powering down and moving the drives and restarting.  I ran the ADU but am not familiar with interpreting the data.  To  me it appears that there is nothing available to recover.  Does anyone have any suggestions or have any experience ready the output from the ADU?  I have attached it to this psot.  Also, does anyone know if there are any Data Recovery Services that might be able to retreive data from this failed logical drive/array?  Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage > General to Disk Array. - Hp Forum Moderator