1752773 Members
4737 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SureStore Disk Array FC60

John Mai_1
Advisor

HP SureStore Disk Array FC60

There are two Ethernet ports on the back of a FC60 box. Do you have any ideas how to configure these ports? I have read so many FC60 documents and not one of them even mentioned about these Ethernet ports.

Thank you in advance,

John
4 REPLIES 4
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SureStore Disk Array FC60

Hi John,

HP does not support the usage of those ports really. If you are running Windows on the hosts connected to this FC60 then the biggest advantage to use those Ethernet ports is that even without a host connected via the fibre, you are still able to connect to the controllers and check the configuration, read logs , configure storage partitioning etc from the array from your SM60 client.

The above is only applicable if the array runs the Windows F/W on it. Most FC60's are however used in HP-UX land and their is no such management client like SM60 on Windows for the HP-UX world so their is no real added value by using the Ethernet ports unless to let them send SNMP traps from the array to your management station but the SNMP traps details are not documented.

Did you had any particular thing in mind to perform via these Ethernet ports ?

Kris
John Mai_1
Advisor

Hi Kris,

I am running UNIX diagnostics on the FC60 connected to a L-class and I was wondering about those two Ethernet ports. Now,I understand that it was designed for windows.

By the way, I also see the "UPS/GPIO" port located above the "serial ports". Was it designed to work on Windows also?

Thanks again for all your help.

John
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

John,

it was not specifically designed for Windows but the only use i made of them was via this (unsuppored ) way to let the SM60 client work over TCP/IP via the controllers
directly and not over the fibre link in case the host or fibre link was down i.e.

As far as i know the UPS port will shut the array down if it gets the " on battery signal from UPS but i don't know if this was ever implemented really.

All those ports can be configured via the shell (serial port on the back of the FC60 controllers) but since it concerns non supported or non implemented features by HP as far as i know they are not documented outside the HP support audience as some array related commands can be destructive also.

HTH

Kris
John Mai_1
Advisor

Thank you.

John