Disk Enclosures
1751687 Members
5125 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HSG80 - firmware upgrade gone bad

Tim Svensson

HSG80 - firmware upgrade gone bad

I attempted to upgrade the firmware in an HSG80 from 8.6F4 to 8.71F. After swapping the PCMCIA cards, the subsystem is won't initialize. The OCP Code is 30. "An unexpected bugcheck occured before the subsystem initialization completed." The failure code is 120E0310.

I've tried clearing the NVRAM, but it doesn't seem to be working, or I'm doing it wrong. Does anyone have any idea how to get the controller working with the new firmware, or revert to the previous version?
Sometimes you gotta...
3 REPLIES 3
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Something went wrong during upgrade causing software bugcheck I guess the problem would be related to new firmware.
Did you follow the upgrade instructions/requirements properly ?

Downgrading is possible but should be done carefully. Take a look at the following document for your reference.

http://h200001.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_ek-g80ms-sa-b01/TPM_ek-g80ms-sa-b01.pdf
Tim Svensson

I did not follow the upgrade procedure as closely as I should have. I missed one step relating to pressing the port 5 button.

Also, I cannot perform a downgrade as specified in that document because I can├в t communicate with the controller since the firmware didn├в t load correctly.
Sometimes you gotta...
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I've only did a short peek at the error message and it's description, but it is my understanding that you are expected to put back the old firmware card and reboot the controller(s).

If that does not help, I am afraid you need a new set of controller(s) with an uncorrupted NVRAM area. I hope you have a current documentation of your storage system configuration?