4676 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

HSV controller events

Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

HSV controller events

Hi ,

Event viewer on windows 2000 reported these events about my EVA3000.
My server cannot detect the Vdisks in EVA3000. Whenever I rescan for new hard disks, these logs written in event viewer.Is there any relation between these events and my problem? Please Advice, what are these logs.

Event Type: HSV Controller Event
Event Code and Description: 9 30 0 5: CAC=00 - Storage System Management Interface Entity State Change The state of a Storage System Management Interface entity has changed. The HSV100 controller identified in the handle field has updated the physical disk drive map for the loop pair identified in the secondary_id field.

Event Type: HSV Controller Event
Event Code and Description: 6 3e c5 13: CAC=c5 - Fibre Channel Services Physical Disk Drive/Mirror Port/Drive Enclosure Environmental Monitoring Unit Error summary. Summary of errors encountered while attempting to access a physical disk drive, the mirror port, or a Drive Enclosure Environmental Monitoring Unit. Description not found for Event Code: 6 3e c5 13 - update the event parse file
1 REPLY 1
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: HSV controller events

Hi,

First controller event is "information" and is normal.

As indicated in the second event, it look like some problem exist at "Fibre Channel Services" communication level maybe with FC Physical Disk Drive/Mirror Port/Drive Enclosure Environmental Monitoring Unit.

You need to place a h/w call to HP support and provide them the event logs to get ride of the trouble.