Disk Enclosures
1748181 Members
3981 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Help!--Error 1799:Drives disabled due to Array Accelerator Data Loss!

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Help!--Error 1799:Drives disabled due to Array Accelerator Data Loss!

We have a Proliant 6000 with one Smart 3200 array controllers.There were two errors occured when boot system,error code is 1797 and 1799.We have tested our Array Accelerator on another server and it is good.We have test our 4 harddisk use cmpaq tolls and they are good too.After our testing ,we find that then error code 1798 is disappear but 1799(Drives disabled due to array accelerator data loss.Select F1 to continue with logical drives disabled.Select F2 to accept data loss dand to ra-enable logical drives.) is still exist.
We choose F1 to continue ,it can not startup.We are not dare to choose F2 because We are afraid of losing the important data of our company. Where is the problem,the Array Accelerator,the diskette,or the CMOS?Now I want to know if I can run smartstart and the data in the diskette may be lost or not .If can not do this, how can I do with it now?
Needs your help!
1 REPLY 1
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Help!--Error 1799:Drives disabled due to Array Accelerator Data Loss!

The probelm lies within the cache of the array controller. Try this: Remove all hard drives so nothing is connected to the smart 3200. Boot up with a Smart Start cd and run the SYSTEM ERASE. Please make sure there are NO hard drives plugged into the server. This is DATA DESTRUCTIVE. After this has been done, just plug in the scsi cable or all hard drives and bootup and it should detect the logical automatically.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!