9155 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help initializing hp disk system 2300

someone_4
Honored Contributor

My 2300 is like so ..

on th eback I have the scsi card lvd on port a and the other side has a terminator. The cable is going from the card on the raid to the card on the server. You should be able to see the disk you wont be able do a raid config unless you get an A5856A raid 4si card. But that is a different story.

Here are some things to check.

1. make sure the cable is on corectly and no bent pins. If the cable is not terminating you will not see the disks.

2. What do you see in sam under disks?

3. I am sure you already checked but the raid on.

4. Reboot the server .. You can also interupt the boot process and do sea and see if you see the disk there. From here just reset will start the boot process over again.

5. Do you have the latest support plus installed?

Richard
Joaquin Gil de Vergara
Respected Contributor

how is configured your disk system?
in full bus or in split bus
if it's in full bus you see the entire bus by bcca and b and your SCSI cards are in conflict
see dimms in back and set up in split bus or change scsi ids
Teach is the best way to learn
RolandH
Honored Contributor

As I can see in your ioscan output the target ID of your controllers are on the same ID (7).
I think what you want is a full bus config. One controller is the primary and one is the alternative path to the disk, isn't it?

Then you must change the id. You can do this if you reboot the machine and interrupt the boot process. Then you can change the id of one controller. I do not know the right procedure but if you search a little bit you will find this in the menu.

See my output of ioscan from one of my system.
Per default the target id is always 7. But in my full bus config the other controller has target id 6.

Do a SEA to find all your disk on the system before you changed the id. You will see only the disks through one contoller. After you changed the id from one controller from 7 to 6 you will see the disks trough both contollers.

HTH
Roland
Sometimes you lose and sometimes the others win
K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

I am doin an SEA, but only seeing the two internal disks and the dvdrom? Any idea?
Reputation of a thousand years can be determined by the conduct of an hour
K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

I am runing in full bus mode. How would I change the scsi ids to reflect this? Thanks.
K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

FYI, when I flip the dip switch on the disk storage for both BCCs it works. I can see the individual disks on the array. But if I turned on full bus on both BCCs dip switch, I can't see the disks on the array. Any idea? Thanks.
K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

Does any one know how to change the default scsi controller on the 4si scsi card? Before proceeding to do this, I just want to verify my configuration. I have two 4si scsi card on one host and one disk array system 2300 series. Can I have one 4si scsi HBA plugged into BCCA and another 4si SCSI HBA plugged into BCCB? I've tried and I'm not having trouble with it. I suspect it has to do with default scsi id of the controller being set to 7. Any help is apprecatied. Thanks.
RolandH
Honored Contributor

You can set the id from one controller from 7 to 6 (full bus mode) if you interrupt the boot process at the 10 second warning. Then I think you have to go in the configuration submenu. There is an option to change the id. Use the help menu. I'm not sure about the exact command you must use. I mentioned this in my post before. And you must understand that I can NOT reboot my systems to check it out for you. Unfortunately these procedure is not documented in the 2300 handbook ( HP - Please change this ).

Otherwise call HP they MUST help you.

HTH
Roland
Sometimes you lose and sometimes the others win
K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

RolandH,
what kind of scsi card do you have? Is it the 4si ? I'm just wondering if this is ever gonna work for me, I am getting a little weary about this configuration. I will follow up with the diagram later to confirm if this set up is possible. Thanks.
K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

for those who are interested in changing the id on the scsi controller, attached is the docs on howto.