Disk Arrays
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure my Compaq Drive Array under Windows 2000 ?

Jo_20
Occasional Contributor

How can I configure my Compaq Drive Array under Windows 2000 ?

Hi,

I own a Compaq Disk Drive Array which is drievn by a Compaq SMART Array Controller (6 disks with a capacity of 4.3 GB).

I would like to use it under Windows 2000 Pro (or if it is absolury necessary, I could use it with Windows 2000 Server).

My card is already recognized by Windows 2000 Pro. To configure my Array, I downloaded the following softs :

- Compaq Array Configuration Utility
- Compaq Array Diagnostics Utility

When I try to create a volume with the Compaq Array Configuration Utility it works good, but it doesn't recognize the SCSI port used on my Compaq Controller. When I reboot, the card's BIOS recognizes a logical drive, but I can't access to it with the Disk Manager under Windows 2000. I tried to create two logical drives, they are recognized too by my card but I can't access them with the Disk Manager. Could someone help me to find out why I can't access to my array with the Win2k Disk Manager ????

Thanks

Best regards,

Joel
1 REPLY
Orion Quest
Advisor

Re: How can I configure my Compaq Drive Array under Windows 2000 ?

It may have to do with the firmware on the controller download the options rompaq for the controller and update it and see if this helps with your issue

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/14694.html

hope this helps