1748156 Members
4177 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How do I configure 221 controller

David Nash
Occasional Contributor

How do I configure 221 controller

We've bought a secondhand ProLiant 800 server that has a SmartArray 221 card with 3 x HDDs. I've run the System Configuration Utility (4 floppy disks downloaded from website) and there is an option to configure the SmartArray. However, when I select this option it says, "Insert the disk labeled Drive Array Configuration". However, I don't know where to download this disk. I'd appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction!

Thanks

David
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

David:

The quickest way to configure your drives might be to reboot, and enter the BIOS configuration utility for the Array Controller.

While booting, right after the controller POSTS, you should get a prompt to hit F8 to enter the utility. From there, you can create an array and logical drive.

Otherways would be to get a bootable CD with ACU on it, or Smart Start 5.5, which is downloadable from HP.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
David Nash
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steven

Thanks for that. It seems that the 221 controller doesn't have a BIOS you can access at boot-time (with F8), unlike the newer SmartArray cards I've used. However, I found the SmartStart 5.5 CD image and downloaded that. I was able to run the ACU from that.

Thanks again

David