4597 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How long to upgrade firmware EVA 8000?

nataris
Advisor

How long to upgrade firmware EVA 8000?

I want to upgrade EVA 8000 from 5110
to 6110. It has 220 fc disks.Can it do online? How long to upgrade it? If it cannot do online, how long to take for upgrade it.

Thanks for your help
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: How long to upgrade firmware EVA 8000?

Hello,

the update of the XCS should take approx 10 minutes. The disk firmware takes much longer, depending on the IO. It can take up to three minutes per disk. I flashed a EVA4000 yesterday (2C2D 16 disks). XCS was done after 10 minutes, each disks was taking approx 20 seconds. But no productive system was online, so there was no IO do to for the EVA.

Firmwareupdate was done online. There are some whitepapers online, but I don't have a link. :) Maybe one of the other members got the right link for you.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Here is a link to the document:

- HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) online controller firmware upgrades white paper

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/ERC/downloads/4AA0-9102ENW.pdf
Vasiliy Karpov
Trusted Contributor

Updating EVA8000 (2C12D) with 168 drives took about 80 minutes... it was under moderate production load. Be warned - by saying "online" HP means that interruptions will occur not more than 30 seconds. To upgrade system you MUST check: 1) all redundant paths are available 2) timeout values on system side set to recommended values (i.e. >30seconds) etc...