New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to Automate/Schedule BC/CA in XP20000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rath Kum
Frequent Advisor

How to Automate/Schedule BC/CA in XP20000

Hi

We are newly implementing BC/CA on XP20K and 1.I would like to know how we can schedule the D2D BC/CA jobs like we do in EVA RSM GUI ? and Can we run the Scripts from the Host?
2.After we install/configure Raid Manager agent software on Hosts ,Where do we write/execute the commands(paircreate,pairsplit etc..) Is it from the same hosts we installed Raid Manager ?

Any help will be apprecaiated.
5 REPLIES 5
krusty
Honored Contributor

Hi KPG,

What host OS are you using? With RAID Manager, you will have to utilize the host based facility for batch jobs (i.e. "Cron" in Unix or Job Scheduling utility in Windows). RAID Manager is merely commands and is not "time aware" like RSM is.

Sincerely,

Curt
"In Vino Veritas"
Rath Kum
Frequent Advisor

Hi Kurt

We are using Red Hat Linux. My question is where do we run paircreate, pairsplit etc., commands ? and if we want to to D2D nightly BC/CA jobs where can we write scripts/command and where can we schedule ?
sorry, this might be stupid qn. but i am very new to XP BC/CA .

Thanks
IBaltay
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
you need to configure the RM config files (put all hostst/ldevs), start the RM instances for PVOL/SVOL separately e.g. on 2 hosts (local/remote) and then you can run all the RM commands/operations/scripts from the RM hosts:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01807131/c01807131.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

page 51, 57,...

for scheduling CRON could be used...
the pain is one part of the reality
krusty
Honored Contributor

Hi KPG,

Since Linux is a Unix variant, you can use the Cron utility built into it for timing.

You will need to procure the RM software. I beleive it is a free software, but I do not know the method for you to get it. Maybe someone elase can tell you how.

Cheers,

Curt
"In Vino Veritas"
Rath Kum
Frequent Advisor

Thank you very much for all Help