Disk Enclosures
1752590 Members
2888 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to get the EVA5000 disk array's performance data, such as iops and bps?

SOLVED
Go to solution
MA Qiang
Regular Advisor

How to get the EVA5000 disk array's performance data, such as iops and bps?

And where can I get the performance data, on the SMA or on the Host?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to get the EVA5000 disk array's performance data, such as iops and bps?

Command View EVA V4 includes a component called EVAperf - it is automatically installed. You can download this component for CV-EVA V3 as a separate install:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=471498&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=471497&prodTypeId=12169&swEnvOID=227

It need to be installed on a Windows system that has a fibre channel connection to the EVA. I have tried it on a non-SMA management server, but I think it will work on the SMA and a Windows system without CV-EVA on it.
Victor_101
Regular Advisor

Hi MA,
I used the EVAperf just last week, its great in the fact that it gives u alot of numbers, interpreting is a real pain....i got read writes in kbs and also latencies and queues .. i went through the document but i was looking for throughput values same as urself.. i guess... any ideas Uwe ?

MA Qiang
Regular Advisor

Maybe we can not get the iops by evaperf.exe.
The user guide doesn't mention it.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I see read and write requests/sec ore MB/sec on several performance objects in the EVAperf line-mode utility. Did you use this whitepaper?

Performance analysis of the HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array storage systems using HP StorageWorks Command View EVAPerf software tool
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storageworks/whitepapers/5983-1674EN.pdf