Disk Enclosures
1752580 Members
3203 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to get the EVA5000's controller log automatically?

SOLVED
Go to solution
MA Qiang
Regular Advisor

How to get the EVA5000's controller log automatically?

By SSSU or any other tools?
Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Bostjan Kosi
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to get the EVA5000's controller log automatically?

No way...sorry.
Nothing is impossible for those that don't have to do it themselves!
Bostjan Kosi
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Actually...logs are available on the management appliance, but the only way to transport this info like realtime (there is no realtime on EVA's anyway, because events are downloaded from EVA by SMA every 45 seconds...) is to use an HP developed utility like EventView EVA (latest version 2.30 SP3) of WEBES (4.4). Both tools are available by HP services...

BR
B.
MA Qiang
Regular Advisor

Thank you!

We have installed WEBES v4.4 with CCAT(computer crash analysis tool) and SEA(System Event Analyzer). But I can not find the EventView EVA. Could you please tell me how to get and use it?

Regards.

Bostjan Kosi
Trusted Contributor

Webes 4.4 contains some EVE (event view eva) code and funkcionality. This two tools are either/either and not to bi installed at the same time to an SMA. You can get EVE from your local HP engineer...and as much as I know it is not HP internal tool so they can give it to you. Good thing about EVE is you can also install it as an standalone app on your notebook and acess SMA to get event and configuration information for viewing purposes.
Bostjan Kosi
Trusted Contributor

Also consult HP for an ISEE installaton which reports all relevant errors not only to your selected emails but also to HP, so they are able to meet your 24/7 4 hour minimum response times. Again, consult local HP for this support and functionality

BR
B.